Alan and Naomi Carson proudly present to you...
Our ‘Get Inspired! recipe book, in which we have married our passion for cooking and eating tasty foods with our passion for health and fitness.
A range of healthy, tasty, nutritious, easy to make meals, snacks and drinks, for people looking for and an interesting, varied diet.
That’s what we set out to create when we decided we’d had enough of eating the same ‘healthy’ things over and over during the week and bingeing on ‘yummy’ junk foods at weekends.
Do any of these sound familiar to you…
- You train consistently but still don't see the results you desire?
- You resort to safe, bland bowls of chicken and broccoli because you’re struggling for ideas?
- You frequently cycle between healthy eating and junk food blowouts? (The ‘All or Nothing’ approach)
- You LOVE comfort food - whether it be chips, chocolate, ice-cream...? (the list goes on!)
- You feel restricted, deprived, hungry, bored or uninspired when following a healthy nutrition plan?
- You sometimes feel a desire to overeat or binge on junk food?
We'll admit, we've been there too. Many times. But the great news is, it really doesn't have to be this way.
It’s taken a good few months (well, six to be precise!) of brainstorming, food shopping, cooking, designing, photographing and calorie / macronutrient calculating, (not to mention all that washing up!!) but creating a book full of inspiring, healthy dishes which have the power to transform a person’s approach to nutrition is not the sort of thing you can do in a rush.
The early days... brainstorming ideas for recipes
Recipe development in the kitchen!
Time to shine - the photography part!
Sadly, not all of our creations made it into the final book.
Let’s face it, what use is a beautiful picture of a recipe which doesn't actually deliver on deliciousness?
And then there was the lemon meringue thingy...
The less said about that one the better!!
But the triumphs made it all SO worthwhile!!
The Baked Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry
Sauce was a pleasure to make (oh, and devour!)
Our final selection of recipes are...
- Seriously tasty
- Great looking!
- Easy to make
- Healthy and nutritious with a good balance of macronutrients
- Highly satisfying
- Guilt free and honest (no hidden nasties)
- Made using easy to find ingredients
- Nicely presented with before and after pictures to help inspire you
- Accompanied with macro breakdowns (proteins, carbs, fats) and calories
We've even included handy ingredient conversions (grams / cups measures / ml / fl oz) and oven temperatures (˚C / ˚F)
Our recipe pages look like this...
So what can 'Get Inspired!' do for me?
Here are some of the many benefits that healthy eating can offer…
- More stable moods
- Better body composition
- Improved concentration
- More energy
- Less desire to overeat or binge
- Greater confidence
Seriously, whilst we’ve cleaned up our own eating habits over the last 5 years, we've certainly reaped the health rewards.
And just to show that nowadays we really do practice what we preach...
Above left: Alan in 2010 Above right: Alan competing in 2014 in the WBFF London contest
Above: Naomi before and after she "toned up" 🙂
‘Get Inspired!’ shows you an easy, delicious and enjoyable route
to great health… ideal if you are looking for improved body composition and an interesting, varied diet!
So, what is included in the recipe book?
There are over 65 healthy, mouth-watering and satisfying recipes.
The recipes are divided into the categories ‘Sweet’, ‘Savoury’ and ‘Drinks’.
Some of our recipes include...
- Tasty breakfasts - you have to try our Wake Me Up Burrito!
- Quick and easy lunches - like the incredible Protein-Rich Scotch Eggs
- Hearty dinners - our Fragrant Spiced Chicken is a winner!
- Indulgent desserts - you’ll love the Mixed Berry Cheesecake
- Guilt-free treats - the Gooey Beetroot, Berry & Chocolate Cake is to die for!
- Delicious drinks - such as the Iced Latte Protein Smoothie
- Post-workout snacks - Alan’s Amazing Protein Rice Cakes are seriously good!
What nutrition protocols are followed?
All recipes are free from refined sugar, wheat flours and alcohol and are gluten free. However, these recipes can be enjoyed by all, regardless of whether you have intolerances to wheat, refined sugar or gluten.
There are plenty of dairy free options too and some recipes are also Paleo compatible.
Minimally processed ingredients are favoured and junk food is definitely out!
A variety of the snack and smoothie recipes also include whey protein as an optional ingredient.
Want to know a bit more about nutrition without feeling overwhelmed?
We’ve also included some easy to digest information to help you make better food choices and understand why we’ve used certain ingredients in our recipes.
There’s also some education on macronutrients which explains the importance of getting a good balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
How can I get my hands on this book?
'Get Inspired!’ is available in 3 formats...
2. Click the paypal button below to purchase a pdf of the recipe book for £5.99.
3. Available as an A5 spiral bound full colour printed book, priced at £9.99 plus postage
(£2.50 for signed for delivery in mainland UK/ £3.70 Europe / £5.00 outside Europe).
To place your order please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following details in your email:
• Quantity of books you require.
• Country you require delivery to.
• Your full name and delivery address.